- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 bunches green or red curly kale
- 1/3 cup unsweetened soymilk, almondmilk or ricemilk, or water
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion granules
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 tablespoon juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Soak cashews in enough water to cover for a couple of hours and then drain.
Preheat the oven to 275°F.
Wash, de-stem and thoroughly dry kale, tearing it into large pieces; set aside.
Purée soaked cashews, soymilk, peppers, nutritional yeast, garlic, onion granules, lemon juice and salt.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Lightly coat kale leaves with cashew sauce and spread in a single layer on baking sheets.
*** Make sure leaves are not stacked on top of each other, so that leaves dry and bake evenly.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until crisp, gently turning over about halfway through cooking.
Remove from baking sheets and repeat with remaining kale leaves and cashew mixture.
Cool completely and then store in an airtight container.
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 150 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 7g protein