- 1.5 cups raw cashews (Soak in warm water for 4-6 hours, or in boiling hot water for 1-2 hours)
- 1 cup light coconut or almond milk
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 Tsp sea salt
- 1.5 Tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 Tsp ground cinnamon
- Soak cashews for 4-6 hours in warm water. You can also soak them in boiling water for 1-2 hours.
- Once soaked, add cashews and remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Taste and modify flavors as required.
- Add mixture to a freezer-safe pan and freeze until hard and chilled (at least 4-6 hours but preferably overnight).
- Remove pan from the freezer and thaw for 30-40 minutes before serving. Serve with brown sugar roasted pecans or almonds.
ROASTED PECANS/ALMONDS: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place 1/2 cup of pecans or almonds on a foil-lined baking sheet and toast for +/- 8 minutes. Melt 1 Tbsp (vegan or not) butter in a skillet and stir in 1 Tbsp brown sugar, pinch each of sea salt, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Remove toasted pecans or almonds from oven, toss with butter/spice mixture and then spread nuts back onto the baking sheet and toast for another 5-9 minutes (until fragrant and golden brown).
You can store the unused portion of ice cream in the freezer for up to a week.